I have
never called my teacher mummy at school, never ever, and how I could be called my
teacher mummy if my mummy was incomparable, she was everything to me, she was
the one that when I was a kid took me to
school, she brought my lunch box at break time at school to be sure I eat,
because I was very special to eat, she was the mummy that everyone would like
to have of my school partners, and the teachers adored her because she was a
nurse and she always donated a first aid kid; and most of the time that someone
had hurt in the break, my mummy cured
him/her, she was my mummy.
When I
become a teacher 23 years ago, I grew up loving children and teenagers.
However, my speciality is secondary. I have always been aroound children, and
in my first year of teaching, I always visited the kindergarten room, I love so
much the liittle ones , but I was their
teacher, and I was very young. To my surprise at the end of the year, the
parents of kindergarten asked me to be the God mother of the Graduated ones of
Kindergarten, the kids choose me.
I still
remember it was a huge joy for me and a mix of emotions about making my speech
for those little ones on the day of their graduation, and I thought what am
I am going to give them as a
graduation gift? I was just a simple teacher in her first year and I did not earn so much, I have just started
my career as a teacher, so I spent my whole December salary and I bought
those19 kiddos a very thin Golden chains with her initials names, it was
nothing comparing to el the love that those little kids have given to me that
year, being a new teacher, in my really first year.
And how
can I say about my own students?, their love was huge, their jokes always
delete any sadness, hugs,their kisses, also their tears when they had home
problems and they told me, and I was very Young but I NEVER LEFT THEM, I was
always there , and I told them: Tomorrow will be better holding them tight; at
the end of the year, they gave the surprise of my life, a big, big ballon I
always dreamed to have one like that and the ballon said : For our mom, and a
very huge teddy squirrel, it was very big and so beautiful, I am 1,54 cm, the
squirrel was taller than waist, that day I cried a lot because I am very sensitive and all of my children
hugged me because I am sensitive, some of them cried too, and their parents
took pictures, those kids are adults now , they have their families and I sometimes saw them because they live near
my parents´ home where I live now, and whenever I see them, flashbacks come to
my mind of those little faces, hugs, when they called me mummy, y then then
called me Miss, they got confussed , caused they got more time with me than
with their parents. And it was… I WAS HER MUMMY AT SCHOOL.
As the
time passed by I went to other schools to teach, and I listened to the
teachers in the teacher room comments
like: “ When are they going to leave? How long is left to end the year? Have
you noticed Tania ( invented name) always wants to hug you? And Kevin always
wants to give you a Kiss? How sad and how deep Grieg I had to hear those
comments, because those teachers were parents at that time, and they knew what
they meant that a teenager needed a hug or a give a kiss to someone, they were
our children at school, and we were not there just to teach contents from the
curriculum, we were who replace their parents at that time, and who spent
more time with them, who knew every
single-family problems situation of each of
them, of single parents families, we knew that many of those kids did not have a dad and mum together, we knew
that they have serious problems at home with their families.
Now, the question, comes to me for all of you masters
professors, who deny giving love to your students, to you who just seen them
theirs, students. I am not a biological mother, I am not, and I would die for
being one, but I have a huge chance the big blessing that God has given me, it
is that I am called mummy at school, that I have been felt like my mother at
school and also my private students, and sure and I say this with all pride,
and perhaps if you give more love to your students, they would not have to look
for friendships that could hurt them ,
because they would become your best friends, as many become my best
friends, and fight for then until the end when they had problems, and many
times serious problems, and do you know why I did? Because they were my
children, and I have known, they left, school ended, classes were over, but… the
memory among us of our story never ever will disappear.
I write this for the new generations, teach with love, teach
with passion, and teach their students with humanity because the strongest tool
in this life is the love that you can give to your students, your children.
Dedicated to my ex-students and a special person in my life who encouraged me to keep on blogging.
Patty.
Versión en Español
LO MARAVILLOSO DE SER LLAMADO MAMI EN VEZ DE SER LLAMADO PROFESORA
Jamás llame
a mi profesora mami en la escuela , jamás , y como podría llamarla , mi mama
era in comparable, era todo para mí, era la que me llevaba de niña al colegio,
me llevaba la lonchera de niña en los recreos y se aseguraba que yo coma porque
a mí no me gustaba comer, , ella era la mama que todos mis compañeritos querían
tener, y las profesoras la adoraban, porque ella era enfermera, y siempre
donaba el botiquín de primeros auxilios completo, siempre que alguien se caía
en el recreo ella estaba allí y lo curaba , ella era mi mami.
Cuando yo
me hice maestra hace 23 años crecí amando a los niños y adolescentes, aunque mi
especialidad era secundaria siempre estaba rodeada de niños y en mi primer año
de maestra visitaba tanto el salón de kindergarten que yo no era la maestra ,
pero me gustaban mucho los más pequeñitos, y yo era muy jovencita que al final
del año, me nombraron madrina de la promoción de los graduados de kindergarten,
que alegría tan grande recuerdo, y que emoción en preparar mi discurso para el
día de la graduación , y pensaba y que regalo le voy dar yo solo era una simple
maestra y era mi primer año enseñando , no tenía un buen sueldo, recién estaba
empezando, entonces les compre a los 19 niños unas cadenitas de oro de 18 quilates
con sus iniciales me gaste todo mi salario de diciembre , pero nada era
comparable con el cariño que esos niños me dieron ese año, y el amor que recibí
siendo una maestra nueva, y que puedo decir de mis propios alumnos, su cariño
era inmenso, , sus chistes, sus ocurrencias, sus abrazos, sus besos, su
ternura, y hasta sus lágrimas cuando habían problemas en casa y me los decían,
y yo era tan joven, pero nunca los deje, siempre estaba allí, siempre los
abrazaba, y les decía mañana será mejor mi vida; a fin de año me dieron la
sorpresa de sorpresas , me regalaron un gran globo muy grande, siempre soñé tener
uno así y decía para nuestra mamá y una ardilla de peluche muy grande , yo soy
pequeña , mido un metro y 54 centímetros y la ardilla era más alta que mi
cintura , ese día llore mucho porque soy muy sensible y todos ellos me
abrazaron y los padres tomaban fotos, ellos ahora son adultos, muchos ellos
tienen hijos y familias y a veces los veo y me saludan porque la escuela
quedaba cerca de la casa de mis padres donde actualmente vivo, y cada vez que
los veo , recuerdo esos flashbacks, de sus caritas, de sus abrazos, de cuando me
decían mami, y luego me decían Miss, se equivocaban, y es que pasaban más
tiempo conmigo que con sus padres y eso era… yo era su mamá en la escuela.
Cuando el
tiempo transcurrió y fui a otras escuelas a enseñar, escuchaba en la sala de profesores
comentarios de otros profesores: Cuando se irán? Cuanto falta para que sea fin de
año? Te has dado cuenta que Tania (nombre inventado) siempre quiere abrazarte y
Kevin siempre quiere dar un beso, cuanta tristeza, tenía al escuchar esto
porque esos profesores eran padres, y sabían que eran ser padre, que
significaba la falta de cariño, que significaba que un adolescente te quiera
dar un abrazo o un beso, eran nuestros hijos en el colegio, y nosotros no estábamos
allí no solo para enseñarles contenidos, éramos quienes reemplazamos a sus
padres en ese tiempo, y quienes pasábamos más tiempo con ellos, sabíamos de
todos los casos de familias monoparentales , sabíamos que muchos de esos chicos
no tenían a papá y mamá juntos, sabíamos que habían graves problemas en sus casas
con sus padres.
Ahora, me
viene la interrogante para todos ustedes profesores, que se niegan a darles
cariños a sus alumnos, que solo los ven
como eso , sus alumnos, yo no soy madre, no, no, no soy madre biológica, y moriría
por serlo, pero tengo una posibilidad la gran bendición que Dios me ha dado que
me llamen mama en el colegio, que me hagan sentir madre en el colegio y mis
alumnos privados, y si y lo digo con mucho orgullo, y quizá si daríamos más
cariño a nuestros alumnos, ellos no tendría que ir a buscar amistades que los
dañes, porque se convertirían en nuestros mejores amigos, como muchos que se
hicieron mis mejores amigos, y que luche por ellos hasta el fin cuando tenían
problemas y muchas veces problemas graves, y saben porque lo hice? , porque
ellos eran mis hijos, y lo sé, ellos se fueron, se terminó el colegio, se terminaron las clases, pero el recuerdo de
ellos y el mío de nuestro vínculo jamás desaparecerán, jamás.
Esto lo
escribo para las nuevas generaciones, enseñen con amor, enseñen con pasión,
enseñen a sus alumnos como sus hijos, porque nunca dejaran de serlos. Enseñen
con humanidad, porque lo más fuerte en esta vida es el amor que les puedan dar
a sus alumnos, a sus hijos.
Dedicados a mis ex alumnos, y a una persona especial en mi vida quien me animo a seguir blogeando.
Patty.































No comments:
Post a Comment